MySejahtera Application (hereinafter referred to as "App") is an application which was originally developed to assist the Government in managing the COVID-19 outbreak in Malaysia by among others, allowing the App users to perform a self-health assessment, monitor health status and share the information with the Ministry of Health (MOH) so necessary actions could be implemented.
The App is owned and operated by the Government of Malaysia. As the country transits from pandemic phase into endemic phase, MySejahtera is evolving from a tool designed specifically to combat COVID-19 pandemic to a public health application. As such, we have improvised our terms and conditions and privacy policies of MySejahtera to fit this purpose.
When you login to the App, you can securely:
- View COVID-19 risk status and latest swab done for you and your dependent account
- View and download COVID-19 vaccination certificate for you and your dependent
- Report COVID-19 Self-Test Result for you and your dependent’s account
- Receive booking appointment for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
- Fill in Pre-Departure Form for Travellers abroad and view your Traveller card
- View your child’s vaccination certificate in the National Immunization Programme
- View your health screening record done
- Track number of Infectious Diseases around you
- Locate Healthcare Facilities around you
- Receive latest health and wellness news updates
- Receive push notifications regarding health alert
Use and Collection of Personal Data
Data collected by the App is governed and subjected to Prevention and Control of Infectious Disease Act (Act 1998) and The Medical Act 1971 (Act 50). Although not applicable, the management of the data in the App is compliant to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Malaysian Communications And Multimedia Commission Act 1998 (MCMC) standards. The Personal Data collected will not be used for any purpose other than stated.
How Your Data is Being Used
Your personal data is only used for COVID-19-related issues, public health purposes and for utilization of MOH Services. Generally, MySejahtera may collect, use and/or disclose your personal data for but not limited to the following purposes listed below. You are deemed to have consented to the use of your data when you download, update or use the different features of the App (Module). MySejahtera reserves the right to delete, modify, enhance or introduce new Modules to the App based on the need and requirement in managing the cases of Ministry of Health services at the given time.
Your collected data is for the following purpose:
- To see the number of reported infectious diseases over a set number of days within a set amount of radius of your current location according to the infectious diseases including COVID-19, Dengue, Rabies, Measles, Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease (HFMD) and Tuberculosis and to manage accordingly.
- To inform travellers travelling from countries which are endemic in Monkeypox to visit the nearest healthcare facilities for proper assessment by medical officer and further management if the develop symptoms of monkeypox or are close contact of monkeypox.
- To book appointments for COVID-19 Vaccination. You will only receive appointments for COVID-19 Vaccination after you have given the consent for it. Date of Birth will be required to determine your age to differentiate between adult and children.
- To store your dependent's information and allow access to MySejahtera modules.
- To store your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates details digitally and to generate the certificates in QR code and PDF format.
- To store information of vaccines in National Immunisation Program and other vaccines digitally.
- To report the result of professional COVID-19 tests performed in other health facilities in the case of the result of the professional COVID-19 test taken is not yet reflected in MySejahtera.
- To display the last negative professional test results taken after the details of the professional test results is stored in Sistem Informasi Makmal Kesihatan Awam (SIMKA). Positive test results will not be shown to protect user's privacy.
- To assess and monitor your current health condition if you are a confirmed case of infectious disease.
- To assess and monitor your health condition via Home Assessment Tool if you are a confirmed COVID-19 positive case.
- You will be alerted via phone call in case your illness condition deteriorates and require a proper health assessment by a medical officer (MO) or you didn't answer the health assessment tool.
- MySejahtera Trace detects the close contacts and manage the close contacts accordingly in case you are a confirmed COVID-19 case by assessing the distance and duration between devices using Bluetooth Low Energy (LE). The interaction data will only be uploaded to the server after receiving user's permission via OTP verification. User's personal details will not be exposed to any close contacts. The Interaction data collected by MySejahtera Trace via bluetooth will be purged after 14 days.
- To ensure the compliance to all Movement Control Order (MCO) rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) issued under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
- To carry out evaluation or similar research and analysis for MOH operational strategy and policy planning purposes, including border restriction, providing data to authorized external parties for any purposes to review, develop and improve the quality of healthcare products and services.
- To carry out a survey conducted by National Institute of Health (NIH) to study the impact of COVID-19 to the confirmed cases in various aspects after a set amount of time.
- For facilitating your use of our online and mobile services such as the healthcare management programmes and/or the transactional e-services like vaccination/hospital appointments. For facilitating your use of our online and mobile services such as the healthcare management programmes and/or the transactional e-services like vaccination/hospital appointments.
- For integration onto healthcare computer systems and applications operated or managed by the MOH to provide you with the healthcare services (including medical, dental, health-screening and immunization services) and any programmes related to promotion of good health and healthy lifestyles.
- To allow data sharing among government healthcare facilities for patient management purpose.
This application collects data with the consent of the user and is done voluntarily through, but not limited to, registration process, adding dependent information, answering health assessments questionnaires, and contacting app support via email or technical support form.
The Personal Data collected during MySejahtera account creation or Dependent Registration are as followed.